IPWEA published the International Infrastructure Management Manual 5th (2015) Edition in October 2015.
The information on the IPWEA website about the IIMM 5th (2015) Edition states:
The 5th Edition of the globally acclaimed, International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM) has been driven largely by the introduction of the new ISO 55000 Asset Management Standards. Recognising that the ISO Standards are very much the “What to do”, the IIMM provides the “How to do it” in terms of applying the standards for infrastructure asset management. Over 30% of the earlier edition has been updated including many new case studies.
The IIMM 5th Edition sees a significant enhancement in the following key areas:
- Developing a business case for asset management and key success factors
- The Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) and Policy
- Setting of asset management objectives
- Risk management
- Asset management leadership and communication
- Operational strategies and planning
- Establishing and maintaining the Asset Management System
- Information management
- Asset Management Maturity
- Asset management performance measurement and auditing
- Assessing and managing infrastructure resilience
The new IIMM also includes a review and update of the glossary of definitions to ensure better alignment with those in ISO 55000 and an index to help with locating subject-relevant material.
Ross Waugh and Grant Holland are Section Authors of this manual (Data Management, Asset Management Information Systems, and Service Delivery) , and as such can commend this manual to the readers of this blog.
The manual has a wealth of current infrastructure asset management information and in our opinion is well worth the purchase price.