We are happy to share the “Ask the Expert” webinar that Ross Waugh and Heather Himmelberger held on 30 August 2018 at Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Know more about the asset management experts in this webinar by watching the video above.
Planning to start an asset management program?
Then watch the video and know what Heather and Ross discussed the following:
- Where do we start? How do we begin?
- How do you set up an asset management program?
- What’s the best way to start if you’re a small system?
- Who does your asset management?
- Is there someone who is specifically assigned to it that doesn’t do anything else?
The Ask-the-Experts webinar also dealt with questions on asset inventory, like What do you put in your inventory? Should I catalog every piece of hardware? What assets should we keep or delete in our inventory? What information do we need to manage our assets?
Listen to Ross Waugh and Heather Himmelberger discussing these topics on infrastructure asset inventory.
Know the interesting practical examples that they gave in the webinar.
Other questions and topics that our infrastructure asset management resources speakers covered are the following:
- Should assets be managed using a spreadsheet or database?
- Can you name or recommend some applications or software?
- Capturing the data with a spreadsheet
- Why having software doesn’t equate with doing asset management?
- Levels of Service – What are some useful key performance indicators (KPIs) that I can develop?
- Risks – What are the financial, social, and environmental consequences of failures? Are there cultural consequences, as well?
- Are maintenance schedule required for critical assets?
- Asset management and managing assets, what’s the difference?
- Aren’t most critical assets mentioned and managed in operations and maintenance manuals and the emergency response plan?
- What asset management software should I use? Is there a good one for a small system?
Don’t miss the infrastructure management online learning resources that Heather and Ross shared towards the end of the webinar.
VIDEO CREDIT: Smart Management for Small Water Systems