Watch the webinar video “Ask the Expert 2, August 2014 – More Infrastructure Management Questions Answered” to add to your asset management knowledge.
Following on from the first “Ask the Experts Webinar” Ross and Heather answer a range of questions on infrastructure asset management, particularly focussed on the management of water and wastewater utility networks.
The video answers a number of attendee questions and includes discussions on the following topics:
- Lifecycle renewal issues and replacement cycles
- The cost of planned management of assets compared with emergency response to failure
- How to determine Levels of Service
- Customer and Technical Levels of Service
- Involving customers in level of service conversations
- Customer agreements
- Standards for Levels of Service
- Infrastructure management in shrinking or declining towns
- Issues around ageing population demographic and infrastructure funding
- Cost of infrastructure renewal issues where there is population decline
- Fixed costs and variable costs and the impact of shrinking or declining towns
- Asset valuation and insurance issues
- Asset management information systems discussion and overview guidance
- Tracking Operation and Maintenance (O & M) costs
- What is the total cost impact to your community – looking holistically at infrastructure management actions
- Advantages of asset management planning
- Asset management plans for small water systems
- Preventative Maintenance overview to starting a program
Contact and resource web references are highlighted in the webinar.
Watch the video and learn more through the answers that Ross and Heather gave.