Watch the webinar video “Ask the Expert 2, August 2014 – More Infrastructure Management Questions Answered” to add to your asset management knowledge.
Following on from the first “Ask the Experts Webinar” Ross and Heather answer a range of questions on infrastructure asset management, particularly focussed on the management of water and wastewater utility networks.
The video answers a number of attendee questions and includes discussions on the following topics:
- Lifecycle renewal issues and replacement cycles
- The cost of planned management of assets compared with emergency response to failure
- How to determine Levels of Service
- Customer and Technical Levels of Service
- Involving customers in level of service conversations
- Customer agreements
- Standards for Levels of Service
- Infrastructure management in shrinking or declining towns
- Issues around ageing population demographic and infrastructure funding
- Cost of infrastructure renewal issues where there is population decline
- Fixed costs and variable costs and the impact of shrinking or declining towns
- Asset valuation and insurance issues
- Asset management information systems discussion and overview guidance
- Tracking Operation and Maintenance (O & M) costs
- What is the total cost impact to your community – looking holistically at infrastructure management actions
- Advantages of asset management planning
- Asset management plans for small water systems
- Preventative Maintenance overview to starting a program
Contact and resource web references are highlighted in the webinar.
Watch the video and learn more through the answers that Ross and Heather gave.
CLICK the button below to watch more Infrastructure Asset Management videos on the